Why should you join the Ogden Valley Business Association?
The OVBA is dedicated to the community and businesses of Ogden Valley, and it is the first and only local business organization for our area.
OVBA Benefits – Information For Current and Potential Members:
Welcome to the Ogden Valley Business Association! We hope you will take advantage of the benefits your membership in OVBA provides. The OVBA ‘s effectiveness is linked to member involvement as well as financial support through membership dues. We want to thank you for membership investment in the OVBA! Your dues investment enables the OVBA to fulfill in mission and goals including:
- Providing an information exchange forum for issues that affect businesses in the Valley. Join our OVBA Members only Facebook Page.
- Publishing the new Ogden Valley Adventure Guide and Business Directory.
- Promoting loyalty to our businesses by enabling effective advertising at free and reduce rates in OVBA publications, both in print and online.
- Providing unique opportunities to network and form marketing alliances with other business owners through special committees, the email distribution lists, Websites, meetings and events.
- Maintaining the website: www.ovba.org and www.visitogdenvalley.com which is constantly being improved and promoted to encourage visits by potential customers. The Visit Ogden Valley facebook page also brings traffic to our websites.
- Maintaining an online community calendar allowing members to submit events which will also appear on partner calendars such as Ogden CVB, Ogden City and Weber County. This central calendar allows businesses to plan and better maximize public attendance at their events.
- Sending an email to subscribed customers twice per month with member’s Special Offers and Events (which is also listed on the Web site).
- Offering a Mailing List Subscription Service with nearly 500 mailing addresses per month from inquiries for Ogden Valley tourism information on OVBA web sites, plus tourism websites like Go-Utah.com. These inquiries receive a copy of our publications. OVBA members may receive a monthly e-mail with the postal mailing addresses in order to send detailed information about their business directly to these folks.
- Including information from members about their business in our Newcomer Welcome Kits.
- Seeking and obtaining grants for expanded marketing campaigns to bring more travelers to our area.
ADDITIONAL WEB SITE BENEFITS
Email Distribution List:
Your email address is now part of our distribution list for announcements from our board and other members (email@example.com) – – You may use this address to email the OVBA members with announcement of you own.
We have updated and improved the events page on the Visit Ogden Valley website. http://visitogdenvalley.com/new-events/.
We have a Calendar of Events that is integrated with Ogden CVB, Ogden City, Weber County, etc. To submit your special event:
Step 1 – You submit your event here: http://visitogdenvalley.com/submit-event/
Step 2 – We will get it posted on the event page which we promote by email 1-2 times per month.
Special Offers to the Public:
We post Special Offers from our member businesses at no cost to you on our website and our public Facebook pages. Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with your specials (Include and expiration date, please). This will bring more attention to your business.
Facebook Pages to follow:
Please be sure to LIKE our Facebook pages:
- “Ogden Valley Business Association” https://www.facebook.com/TheOVBA/ Facebook business page (where we will be posting membership updates and event notices, photos and happenings).
OVBA Opt-in Texting Program:
The Ogden Valley Business Association launched an opt-in texting program to provide Valley residents, businesses and visitors with updates about Valley events, specials at local businesses and important alerts. Simply text the word JOIN to 801-471-0032. Use wisely and not abused this can be a great boost in sales.
We will provide timely messages relevant to visitors and residents alike. Text messaging is arguably the most popular way of communication these days and the OVBA is always striving to provide the best member services possible in an increasingly technologically oriented business community.
HOW TO SEND A VISIT OGDEN VALLEY TEXT:
- Email your info to Ross Walker at email@example.com
- Make sure it does not exceed 160 characters.
- Include WHEN you want the text to be sent.
- Give Ross 48 hours of advance notice.
Over 95% of text is read in the first 3 minutes! Text messaging has better impact than email.
This is a great chance for OVBA members to offer last minute or limited time offers to those in the area.
Advertise on VisitOgdenValley.com
We average over 1800 people who visit the site every month. This is valuable website with targeted traffic. We have advertising opportunities on very specific pages. (Lodging, Recreation, Dining, etc). We limit these positions 2 per page to avoid clutter.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us with suggestions, comments or questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your all-volunteer board of directors includes:
Ashley Cross New World Distillery Chair
Athena Steadman Simply Eden Vice Chair
Jori Torman Colonial Life Secretary
Mark Schroetel Powder Mountain Treasurer
Dylan Lierd Destination Properties At-Large
Laura Michaels Red Bicycle Store At-Large
Mike Seguin Mad Moose Café At-Large
Lori Mortensen Diamond Peak At-Large
TJ Parmley Sterling Automotive At-Large
Ross Walker Ross J. Walker Online Web Services
Pam Crockett Tax Team USA Accounting
A General Member is defined as a sole proprietorship, association, corporation, limited liability company, partnership or estate having its principal place of business within Ogden Valley, and in compliance with state and local licensing laws and regulations, or an individual owning, employed by, or otherwise associated as an independent contractor, with a sole proprietorship, association, corporation, limited liability company, partnership or estate having its principal place of business within Ogden Valley, and in compliance with state and local licensing laws and regulations.
An Affiliate Member is any individual, association, corporation, limited liability company, partnership, or estate owning property in the Ogden Valley, as recorded with the Weber County Recorder.
A Friend of the OVBA is any individual, association, corporation, limited liability company, partnership, or estate having an interest in the objectives of the organization and in compliance with state and local licensing laws and regulations may join as a member upon invitation for application by the Board, and upon Board approval of the completed application.
General Member: $150 per year, with a $25 one-time setup fee. This includes voting rights, a link to your own web site from www.ovba.org and www.visitogdenvalley.com, and access to the “Member Login Area.” You may also arrange to be linked from additional business categories for $20 per year on www.visitogdenvalley.com. Additional businesses are $50 per year within the same family.
Affiliate Member: $150 per year, with a $25 one-time setup fee. This includes a link to your own web site from www.ovba.org and www.visitogdenvalley.com, and access to the “Member Login Area.” You may also arrange to be linked from additional business categories for $20 per year on www.visitogdenvalley.com.
Friend of the OVBA: $175 per year, with a $25 one-time setup fee. This includes a link to your own web site from www.ovba.org and www.visitogdenvalley.com, and access to the “Member Login Area.” You may also arrange to be linked from additional business categories for $20 per year on www.visitogdenvalley.com.